925-391-2718 2917 Salvio Street, Suite B
Concord, CA 94519
Rate Us!

Q. Do I really need to floss, or is brushing enough?

  • May 19, 2015

A. In a word, yes! Flossing is an incredibly important part of good dental hygiene. It frees teeth of pieces of food and breaks up plaque that you just can’t get to with a toothbrush, and it prevents cavities between the teeth where your toothbrush won’t reach. Research estimates that brushing only removes about 60% of the bacteria from your teeth. You need floss to reach the other 40%!